Submissions for the 2016-2017 issue are now being accepted. The final submission deadline is Monday February 13, 2017 at midnight.
- We look for strong, polished manuscripts. Finish the work before submitting. Limit verse to 100 lines, fiction to 4000 words. We also accept short plays, screenplays, journalism works and graphic novel chapters.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but ask for notification should your work be accepted for publication elsewhere. This magazine is for PREVIOUSLY UNPUBLISHED WORK.
- Save manuscripts in Microsoft Word or a similar program and send as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the body of your email as a cover letter. Include contact information, a list of any previous publications, your classification (graduate or undergraduate student) and a brief (50 words or fewer) bio in case of acceptance. Do NOT paste the text of your submission into the body of the email message.
- For art and photography submissions, attach a high-quality digital copy or photo of your piece. Cover letter should also include the medium and size of each piece.
- Leave attached files anonymous. Your name should only appear in the subject line of your email submission. It should read as follows:
“Submission: Poetry (your full name)” or
“Submission: Fiction (your full name)” or
“Submission: Art (your full name)”
- Multiple attachments may be sent with a single email, but if submitting multiple categories of work (poetry, fiction, or art), please send each in separate emails. Submit no more than 4 pieces in each category.
- The final deadline for submissions is Monday, February 13, 2017. Don’t wait until the last minute!
- The Gates-Thomas and Cheney Awards are given to one undergraduate short story and poem (respectively) each year. All undergraduate students enrolled in either the Fall ’16 or Spring ’17 semesters are eligible for these awards. Faculty may not submit, unless they are also enrolled in classes. Awardees are invited to attend the Liberal Arts Awards Ceremony in the Spring ’17 semester.
- SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE READ.